Ramsay Law Office was founded by Ralph Ramsay in 1932 in Cobalt. He moved to New Liskeard in 1934 where he practiced until his retirement in 1991. His son Peter graduated from U of T Law School in 1966 and moved home to join the firm in 1968 after completing his articles. We moved to our current location in 1994. Bill Ramsay graduated from the University of Alberta Law School in 1998 and was called to the Bar in 2000. Dave Bennett joined the firm on a part time basis following Peter’s death in 2019 with his main practice being in Haileybury.
2020 brought a number of additions to the firm. Blair Gyde parked his sailboat in Grenada to help with the summer real estate rush – he wasn’t expecting Covid 19 to make it even more interesting. In July Danielle Perras moved into the Armstrong Street office as an associated lawyer to practice in the area of Corporate – Commercial law.
Ramsay Law Office Professional Corporation became a professional corporation in 2005