- You will not pay land transfer tax if you have never owned a home before
- Your mortgage proceeds are often less than you expect because of costs relating to CMHC or GENCOR mortgage insurance – usually $400 - $800
- You may also have to pay up to several thousand more dollars in adjustments for property taxes and heating oil on closing. If you are buying a country property count on at least $1,000 extra.
- Don’t spend all your spare cash on furniture until you know your final closing costs
- Our clerks will be happy to explain these issues to you ahead of time.
WILLS and POWERS OF ATTORNEY
When a loved one dies you need solid advice to help you resolve their estate. You will be grieving their loss – we can help with the steps necessary to move their property on to the next generation.
While the real estate rush is on we have an agreement with Danielle Perras, who shares office space with us, to do our corporate work. Her firm is called MRKT Law. https://marketlaw.ca/
She can be reached by calling our office at 705-647-4010