- You will not pay land transfer tax if you have never owned a home before
- Your mortgage proceeds are often less than you expect because of costs relating to CMHC or GENCOR mortgage insurance – usually $400 - $800
- You may also have to pay up to several thousand more dollars in adjustments for property taxes and heating oil on closing. If you are buying a country property count on at least $1,000 extra.
- Don’t spend all your spare cash on furniture until you know your final closing costs
- Our clerks will be happy to explain these issues to you ahead of time.
WILLS and POWERS OF ATTORNEY
When a loved one dies you need solid advice to help you resolve their estate. You will be grieving their loss – we can help with the steps necessary to move their property on to the next generation.
We are again offering corporate services directly from Ramsay Law Office. Market Law has moved out on their own and are still closely associated with Ramsay Law Office. Rose Slee rejoined the firm in July and is now working in both estates and corporate / commercial law. She is working remotely from her home on Manitoulin Island and is providing the same excellent service she did when working with Peter Ramsay.